At its Oct. 25 public hearing meeting, the Humble City Council reviewed how the allocation of $6.3 million from Harris County’s Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery would be distributed to the city for Hurricane Harvey relief. The City of Humble is requesting input on community needs and projects needed to restore and recover the city due to Harvey’s damage. The $6.3 million Humble received is part of the larger $1.115 billion Harris County received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Mayor Merle Aaron replied to the question of when the funds would be allocated to the public by stating, “People are just getting paid for Ike so it’s not something that we will see happening tomorrow, but it will be in the future.”
The council acted unanimously to approve without discussion several other business items:
- Approved the Emergency Care Services Agreement between the City of Humble and the Northeast Hospital Foundation to provide equipment, training of emergency room personnel, and services essential to treating those involved in vehicle accidents in the Humble area. City Manager Jason Stuebe said, “I do recall that in 2011, 2012-2013 I want to say, the city provided the funds to the Northeast Hospital Foundation, about $300,000 in contributions.
Memorial Herman never felt comfortable spending that money until they had a documented agreement in place.”
- Approved the appointment of Councilman Norman Funderburk as the city representative, and Aaron as alternate, to the Houston-Galveston Area Council’s 2019 General Assembly.
- Approved the parade permit application for the city’s beautification committee’s Annual Christmas Parade. The committee was seeking permission to close Main Street to Avenue H, Granberry Street and Higgins Street from 3-10 p.m., Dec. 4.

The parade will assemble at Main Street between Railroad Avenue and the northbound I-59 feeder road. 

- Approved an assembly permit application for First United Methodist Church for their Trunk or Treat event on Oct. 28 from 5-8 p.m. at Avenue G between Main Street and Granberry Street.